SENIOR COORDINATOR - LIFEGUARD AND SAFETY (SHOREVIEW)
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities
Location: Minneapolis, MN
We are very excited to announce that the Shoreview YMCA has an opening for a cause-driven Senior Coordinator of Lifeguard and Safety to join our team.
The Senior Coordinator of Lifeguard and Safety provides daily direction and supervision for Lifeguards and Safety staff. The incumbent assists the Program Manager in meeting established participation and revenue goals. The incumbent hires, trains and supervises staff.
- Provides daily direction and supervision for Lifeguard and Safety and other Aquatics as needed.
- Assists in the implementation of programs, assessment of staff technical abilities, evaluate program results, identify areas for improvement to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Recruits, hires, on boards, trains and supervises staff.
- Ensures a high level of customer service which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
- Participates in the budget process and manages day to day programing to ensure revenue, program goals, and expense targets are achieved.
- Assists in the process to ensure the quality, cleanliness and maintenance of and the Aquatics program areas.
- Delivers Aquatics programs directly to members and participants a portion of the time.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in Aquatics programs
- Minimum of one (1) year experience supervising staff
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Red Cross lifeguard, CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 days of hire)
- Ability to attend and complete YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor training within 90 days of hire
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in Recreation, Management, physical education or related field.
- Current Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time in warm pool environment.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
EOE To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online. This position will remain posted until filled.
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Salary: $31,402 - $36,944
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: http://bit.ly/1o66zcY
Resumes until: 1/1/2015
Contact: Ashley Tudisco