SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE & CAMP DIRECTOR
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Eastern Union County
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
The Gateway Family YMCA, Rahway Branch seeks a School Age Child Care Director who can work with our mission and policies as a team player. Under the supervision of the Branch Executive Director, the School Age Director Child Care Director of the Rahway Branch shall perform the administrative duties for all school age programs, including Summer Camp. The School Age Director is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and supervising an age and developmentally appropriate curriculum for children in all school age sites, and ensuring that the programs are meeting the needs of the children and families we serve. The Gateway Family YMCA Rahway Branch is also undergoing a $3.5 Million dollar renovation to the main building that is set for completion by November 2014. It is a very exciting time to come on board! Join our dynamic team and help impact a community built on creativity.
- Develop, implement, and supervise the School Age Child Care and Summer Camp curriculums with age and developmentally appropriate activities to be used for all SACC/Camp programs. Ensure that the curriculum is in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the YMCA and teaches the Character Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Ensure that the programs are of high quality and standards and meet the needs of the children and families we serve. Ensure that all school age sites and programs are in compliance with state regulations and meet YMCA best practices.
- Interview and hire qualified staff in accordance with state regulations and YMCA standards. Schedule, supervise, and support all School-Age Coordinators, Site Supervisors, Camp Counselors, Assistants, and all SACC/Camp staff. Be responsible for locating substitutes at school age programs and filling in when needed. Monitor staff hours to ensure compliance with budget. Also be responsible for site phones, payroll, and annual reviews. Conduct annual reviews. Meet with school age staff weekly regarding school sites, staff, and curriculum.Schedule monthly meetings with site-supervisors. Visit all sites on a regular basis. Maintain a visitation log and record observations. Follow up on any needed improvements. Monitor any issues that require conversations or meetings with parents.
- Facilitate, lead, coach, and maintain the E-Child Care System in conjunction with 4C's. Coordinate trainings on this system with staff and parents.
- Work closely with school administrators and personnel within the school district; send monthly emails or phone calls to keep communication lines open. Also, monitor district/school websites and BOE agendas. Participate in "Back to School Nights", "PTO Meetings", and "BOE Meetings" to show support as well as promote The Gateway Family YMCA.
- Monitor the budget for school age programs; petty cash, ordering and distributing of supplies, equipment, snacks, etc. for each program), as well as submitting necessary reports for the state. Ensure that budget terms are met by set deadlines. Follow up with the branch administrator regularly and each month regarding outstanding payments. Ensure that parents are called regarding delinquent payments. Follow up as necessary.
- Attend weekly meeting with Supervisor, updating on all site, staff, and branch items. Maintain a professional manner at all times with children, parents, co-workers, and community. Act in accordance with the YMCA philosophy, school age goals, program objectives, and our policies and procedures. Attend staff meetings, training programs, and other YMCA and school functions. Continue professional development by attending meetings, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Assist in the planning of special events; Healthy Kids Day, Annual Campaign, etc., and attend Community Activities to increase awareness and promote programs.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign; recruit volunteers to form a team; encourage, assist, and support all volunteers; attend all scheduled Annual Campaign meetings, Kick-Off, and Victory Celebration. Solicit school age staff for contributions, both individual and group.
- Assume or perform any other duties deemed necessary by immediate supervisor or The Gateway Family YMCA Association.
- Have a college degree in education or a related field and prior experience working with school age children and families.
- Be mature-minded, responsible, and must have experience in scheduling of programs and events.
- Possess skills in planning, organizing, and following through to completion on assigned tasks in a timely manner. The incumbent must have experience in supervising staff, interacting with children, and conducting activities.
- Have CPR and First Aid certifications
- Possess a valid Driver's License, an acceptable driving record and valid motor vehicle insurance.
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000
HOW TO APPLY
Apply By Email: email@example.com
Resumes until: 9/2/2014
Contact: Alexandria Brim