DIRECTOR OF COMPETITIVE AQUATICS
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: Somerville Family YMCA
Location: Somerville, NJ
The Somerset Valley YMCA operates a competitive Swim Team and strives to enable swimmers to grow as individuals, achieve their goals as swimmers and expand their overall potential in a nurturing, safe, yet demanding environment. In doing so, we develop enthusiastic, dedicated swimmers who are capable of responding to the demands of a highly competitive program. As six (6) time New Jersey State YMCA Champions, we strive to remain a top-level USA Swimming Silver medal program and to become a highly competitive swimming force at both the regional and national levels.
We are seeking a dynamic, inspiring leader to join our management team and continue the Swim Team's success. The team consists of over 450 swimmers with a budget size of $650,000 which operates out of a 20,000 square foot aquatics facility in Bridgewater, NJ with a 10-lane lap pool and various regional satellite facilities.
- Manage competitive Swim Team program including preparation and implementation of practice workouts focused on development of competitive skills as well as teamwork, persistence, positive attitude, and core values.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, develop, schedule and direct coaching staff and volunteers as needed.
- Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
- Accurately enter swim meet information and communication to parents in a timely, professional manner.
- Assist management team with monitoring daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Assist management team with conducting and ensuring proper maintenance of pools.
- Secure and schedule pool facilities.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with community partners, parents and support the swim team.
- Work directly with the Swim Team Parents Organization to promote and support the swim team.
- Create, target, and distribute marketing of program information.
- Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and safety regulations.
- Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events as assigned.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures including emergency safety procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification
- Coach in good standing with USA Swimming
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional responsible experience in staff supervision and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and motivational skills
- YMCA Aquatics programming or operations experience a plus.
- Experience with swim meet and team management software such as Team Manager, Meet Manager, or Team Unify ( a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and First Aid certifications.
- Current Oxygen Administration certification
- Current Lifeguard Certification
Salary: $45,000 - $65,000
Additional Compensation Details: Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, retirement and paid time off. Complimentary YMCA membership and staff program discounts.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume including cover letter, salary history/ requirements, and 3 professional references to: email@example.com
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes until: 7/14/2014
Contact: Sarah Nathans