TOM TAYLOR SENIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR - YOUTH, TEEN, AND FAMILY PROGRAMS
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
Location: Tacoma, WA
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Director of Youth, Teen & Family Programs for the Tom Taylor Family Branch. The Senior Program Director oversees and is responsible for the creation, planning, and evaluation of youth, teen and family programs; including Dance, Youth Sports, and Late Nite programs. Works an average of 15 hours per week in programming; including, but not limited to skills instruction classes, manager-on-duty hours, youth/teen wellness and family activities.
The Tom Taylor Family YMCA is a part of YMCA's Activate America national initiative that is committed to:
Supporting those who want to lead a healthy lifestyle, but struggle to do so.
Being an integral part of our community's efforts to make long-lasting changes that support healthy living.
Working in collaboration through partnerships with public, private and other nonprofit organizations.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Ensures programs operate in a quality manner consistent with YMCA guidelines and values.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership.
- Provides leadership and support to the Annual Campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Ensures high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Provide leadership to and deliver programs as part of Community Outreach.
- Branch Team Member and YMCA Values
- Model the YMCA values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility through fun, positive relationships with members & staff. Seek every opportunity to encourage, motivate and thank fellow staff members for their work.
- Be enthusiastic toward members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their Y experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
- Understand the Y's mission, goals, objectives and programs to better relay this information to members for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
- Professional Image and Development
- Maintain a consistent, professional image through dress, actions and relationships with members. Speak enthusiastically on behalf of the Y at given opportunities.
- Participate in applicable training and conferences to further professional growth as outlined in annual training plan.
- Participate in staff meetings and other association or branch committees, and with Branch Advisory Committee, as needed.
- Represents the YMCA and self in a professional manner of safety and fun.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent degree, knowledge and experience.
- Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- CPR and First Aid certifications will be required within 60 days of hire.
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
Additional Compensation Details:
Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, LTD, Life Insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and extended leave plans, complimentary use of YMCA facilities, program discounts and 12% YMCA paid retirement.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: http://www.ymcapkc.org/jobs
Resumes until: 7/20/2014
Contact: Ganetta M Booker