ASSOCIATION HEAD SWIM COACH
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Southern Nevada
Location: Las Vegas, NV
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Branch Executive Director at the SkyView YMCA the Association Head Swim Team Coach manages the operations the association swim teams in accordance with the purposes and policies set forth by the association.
SWIM TEAM COACHING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- MANAGES the day to day and long term training and competition of our successful values-oriented swim team at all locations. This includes successful management of year round USA teams at SkyView and Centennial Hills while incorporating summer league program growth at all branches seasonally in conjunction with the Centennial Hills Aquatics Director.
- COACHES the senior I and II groups daily in addition to other groups as needed. DEVELOPS top level swimmers in a highly competitive area. Maintains statistics on athletes and swimming records for the team.
- MANAGES expense and revenue of swim team at each location within the budget provisions set forth by the department. REVIEWS all swim team expenditures and programmatic plans with Aquatics Director at each location regularly.
- ATTENDS all local and regional swim meets. This includes coordination of association recreational meets in the summer season.
- HIRES, TRAINS, and SUPERVISES coaching staff at all branches in conjunction with Aquatics Directors while promoting association aquatic safety standards. Must posses a strong knowledge of stroke theory and training philosophy.
- IDENTIFIES best practices in systems and technology to support effective management of swim team programming.
- ROTATES site visits on a monthly basis to ensure platinum standard coaching is occurring. ADDRESSES performance of branch coaches and staff to their home branch Aquatics Director.
- DIRECTS and FACILITATES the swim lesson training for the association on an semi-annual basis to ensure the integrity of the swim lesson program associate wide.
- ACTS as manager on duty at the Y one shift weekly.
- FACILITATES communication between parents and coaches at all locations regarding program/seasonal changes and in the event of a concern/challenge. This includes the team website updates and the monthly newsletter.
- FUNDRAISES to support the demands of the swim team in order to offset expense from the aquatics department operating budgets at SkyView and Centennial Hills.
- ACTS as the liaison between USA Swimming, Southern California Swimming, and the Desert Committee while representing the YMCA in a professional manner at all times.
- PROMOTES and IMPLEMENTS Character Development in conjunction with Aquatics Directors and in all curriculum, training and supervision.
- BUILDS and MAINTAINS a high standard of customer service for all members.
- PERFORMS all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma; a 4 year college degree; a minimum of five years experience in coaching competitive swimming.
- ASCA Level 3 Coaches certification (required; candidates who do not possess this will not be considered for employment)
- Certification as a YMCA or American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (required within 6 months of employment)
- CPR for the professional rescuer (includes AED) Certification (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- Oxygen Certification (required within 60 days of employment)
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000
Additional Compensation Details:
Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.lasvegasymca.org
Apply Online: http://www.lasvegasymca.org
Apply By Email: BBarber@lasvegasymca.org
Resumes until: 7/25/2014
Contact: Jessica E Bechtel