Being a volunteer soccer coach has given Amy a sense of where she belongs in this world, especially when she's standing with the kids and making them feel like winners. This is her Y. Her camera. Her story.
More Y Stories
Have a story? Submit it here!
"I Want to Help Kids Find Their Own Outdoor Adventures."
Mike has always had a love for the great outdoors. He's been hiking and camping since he was a child. Now that he's older, he's giving back to the community by volunteering and guiding kids to appreciate the beauty that surrounds them every day. This is his Y. His camera. His story.
"The Y Helped Me, So I'm Giving Back."
A few years ago, the spirit of volunteerism totally knocked Robert out. That's why he's helping youth in his community to pick up the boxing gloves and focus their energy on doing something not only for themselves, but also the community. This is his Y. His camera. His story.
Volunteer at the Y
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
Togetherhood is a member-led community service program that invites Y members to activate their social responsibility by participating in the Y’s cause to strengthen community. Togetherhood provides Y members with fun, convenient and rewarding ways to give back and support their neighbors.
The program is run through individual Y branches as a partnership between a committee of members and a Y Staff Advisor. It is designed to be a simple, fun and rewarding way for members to identify ways that they can give back and support their neighbors through their own ideas, skills and energy, and the network of the Y.