Four Tips that will Save Kids' Lives this Summer
With increased access to beaches, lakes and pools, summer fun can quickly turn to danger for kids across the country. Whether at camp or at home, ensuring that kids have the best summer ever means ensuring their safety first. Swim lessons are an important youth development opportunity that ensure young children have self-rescuing skills, but adult supervision is always necessary when it comes to water safety.
Four tips that will save kids’ lives this summer:
1. Teach children to always ask permission to go near water
2. Never leave a child unattended in a bath tub
3. Empty kiddie pools immediately after use
4. When visiting a new home, check the premises for potential water hazards
Looking for more tips and support?
The YMCA is committed to nurturing kids’ full potential by keeping them safe during summer camp and every day year-round. To inquire about swimming lessons, contact your local Y. Plus, learn more about the Y’s new and improved Safety Around Water program.
Get on the list to receive posts like this in your inbox every other Tuesday!
- Get More Summer Buzz
- Drink Up: How Hydration Impacts Campers
- Five Signs a Child is Struggling with Summer Hunger
- How to Get Kids Back in the Game
- Why More Kids are Quitting Sports