HOW WE HELP
From A to Z, the Y is so much more than you may know.
We have aerobics and safe and affordable afterschool care.
We offer family fun and financial assistance to those who need it most. There’s volleyball and volunteer opportunities.
We're working to make a difference in neighborhoods across the country. Explore our work below and see how you can support our cause today.
The Y. So Much More™ GIVE NOW >
POTENTIAL OF TODAY'S YOUTH
At the Y, we don't just teach swimming lessons or coach soccer: We ensure that the nine million children and teens in our programs reach their full potential by helping them grow—physically, mentally and socially—from young children into engaged, active members of their communities.
Y programs support youth development from cradle to career in thousands of communities across the country, building strong kids and strong futures for us all.
YOUTH AND GOVERNMENT™
- Involves thousands of teens nationwide in state-organized, model-government programs.
- Focuses on discussing and debating issues that affect citizens of their state and proposing legislation.
- Culminates with teens serving as delegates at their state conference, debating bills on the floor of the legislature.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW WE HELP KIDS.MORE >
LEADING THE WAY TO HEALTHY
The Y is more than a place to get physically active; it's a driving force behind living a healthy and full life. Working with local communities, Ys are involved in system, policy and environmental changes that help individuals of all ages and backgrounds grow healthier.
Over the past decade, local leaders reported Ys having influenced more than 39,000 changes, positively impacting up to 73 million lives.
The Y. So Much More™
HEALTHIER COMMUNITIES PROGRAMS
- Bring farmers markets to neighborhoods where healthy options are scarce and work with schools to create safer routes for kids and increase physical activity.
- Partner with the CDC to support the health and well-being of African American and Hispanic/Latino communities.
- Work in communities with the highest childhood obesity rates to address the epidemic through statewide changes.
- Support local health departments in advancing community leadership in the nation’s efforts to prevent chronic diseases and related risk factors.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIVING HEALTHIER AT THE Y.MORE >
SUPPORTING OUR NEIGHBORS
The Y responds to our communities' most critical social needs, helping individuals in 10,000 communities nationwide reach their full potential.
Our wide-ranging work includes giving individuals the training and tools to succeed, helping diverse populations connect to their community, advocating with policymakers for change and empowering volunteers to give back. Every effort makes a difference.
- Invites Y members to lead and participate in volunteer service projects that benefit the community where they live.
- Designed to be a simple, fun and rewarding way for members to identify ways to give back through their own ideas, skills and energy.
- Addresses priority community needs through a yearlong plan.
- Regularly celebrates service project results and participants.