HOW WE HELP
The Y is so much more than you may know. We are more than a place for a quick morning workout; we’re on the leading edge of chronic disease prevention. We are more than a place for older adults to get a cup of coffee; we’re a vital social network of support. The Y is so much more than a place to go; it’s a place where people from all backgrounds come together to make their communities stronger.
Explore the many ways the Y strengthens community and consider how you can support our cause today.
The Y. So Much More™ GIVE NOW >
POTENTIAL OF TODAY'S YOUTH
At the Y, we don’t just teach swimming lessons or coach soccer: We ensure that the nine million children and teens in our programs reach their full potential by helping them grow—physically, mentally and socially—from young children into engaged, active members of their communities.
Y programs support youth development from cradle to career in thousands of communities across the country, building strong kids and strong futures for us all.
SUMMER FOOD PROGRAM
- Provides more than 5 million meals and snacks to 180,000 kids each summer, in partnership with Walmart Foundation.
- Includes recreation and enrichment activities to support physical and social-emotional growth.
- Helps fill the gap in hunger and ensures kids stay well nourished all summer long.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW WE HELP KIDS.MORE >
LEADING THE WAY TO
The Y is more than a place to get physically active; it's a driving force behind living a healthy and full life. Working with local communities, Ys are involved in system, policy and environmental changes that help individuals of all ages and backgrounds grow healthier.
Over the past decade, local leaders reported Ys having influenced more than 39,000 changes, positively impacting up to 73 million lives.
YMCA'S DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM
- Helps adults with prediabetes reduce their risk for developing type 2 diabetes using an innovative lifestyle modification program.
- Assists participants in adopting healthy eating and physical activity habits, as well as developing a plan for maintaining their overall well-being.
- Offers support and encouragement, in a small group setting, from both trained lifestyle coaches and fellow participants.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIVING HEALTHIER AT THE Y.MORE >
SUPPORTING OUR NEIGHBORS
The Y responds to our communities’ most critical social needs, helping individuals in 10,000 communities nationwide reach their full potential.
Our wide-ranging work includes ensuring children have access to healthy meals, giving individuals the training and tools to succeed, helping diverse populations connect to their community, advocating with policymakers for change and empowering volunteers to give back. Every effort makes a difference.
VOLUNTEER AT THE Y
- Participate in opportunities to give back in meaningful service projects that help your neighbors and your community.
- Mentor and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to smart choices, better health and the pursuit of goals.
- Coach sports teams, team classes, or extend a hand to help adults do and be more.