About Respite Child Care
With one parent away from the household, the remaining caregiver can become overwhelmed by the added responsibilities in and outside of the home. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, participating YMCAs are able to offer care for your children in a safe and nurturing environment while you take some much deserved time for yourself. You can leave to catch up on errands, stay and enjoy a tension-relieving class or simply relax. It’s up to you!
Respite child care is available for infants (or youngest age permitted at the participating YMCA) up to 12 years of age (or oldest age permitted at the participating YMCA).
Who is eligible for respite child care?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Families of deployed Active Duty personnel residing 30 miles from a military installation
What do I need to do?
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800-342-9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Find a participating Y in your area using the search tool below.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to a participating YMCA for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.