Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (optional
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cut off the round end of the zucchini (which is a little tough), but keep the stem to use as a handhold. Shred the zucchini with a box grater, stopping when you get to the stem.
- Butter or oil 24 muffin tins, or just line them with muffin cups.
- Measure the dry ingredients (flour, oats, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt) into a medium bowl.
- Mix the zucchini, eggs, and yogurt in a larger bowl. Add the dry ingredients, then mix until everything is just combined. Add the chocolate chips if you're using them, then stir once.
- With a spoon, dollop the batter into the muffin tins until each cup is 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull the muffins out and poke with a toothpick or knife. If it comes out wet, bake the muffins for 5 more minutes. Let the muffins cool in their tins for 20 to 30 minutes, then eat them warm!
Special thanks to Leanne Brown for this recipe! For more delicious budget-friendly recipes and a free PDF of her cookbook, Good and Cheap: Eat Well on $4/Day, please visit www.leannebrown.com.
FTC Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored.