YMCA: YMCA of the Palms
Location: Naples, FL
GREATER NAPLES YMCA
Job Title: Branch Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: President/ CEO Revision Date: 07/23/14
Oversees the total operation of a YMCA , including membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, fiscal responsibility, program accountability, including program outcomes, community relations, collaborations with community agencies and the committees of the YMCA.
1. Coordinates the work of the committees and implements and directs a meaningful volunteer program.
2. Directs the financial development activities and assures fiscal responsibility.
3. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
4. Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of staff.
5. Develops, manages, and monitors the operating budget to meet or exceeds budget targets.
6. Directs strategic planning efforts and assists the CEO in developing the annual operating plan.
7. Develops and directs high quality relationship-based member engagement strategies. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
8. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
9. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
10. Directs the marketing and communication efforts to effectively communicate Y benefit to the community.
11. Serves as a member of Y management and
supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
12. Holds regularly scheduled meetings with Y staff
that are meaningful to move the mission.
13. Leads the integration of technology and software
to better the membership experience
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Multi-Team or Branch Leader):
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA's efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement. Sets goals for the departments and evaluates the department leaders on their progress towards the goals. Assures evaluation at all levels of the organization.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor's degree or life equivalent.
2. Preference is given to candidates who poses a masters degree and have experience in the YMCA
3. Six or more years of management experience,
preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
4. Experience managing grants and reporting grant
5. Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
6. Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
8. Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
9. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
10. YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification
11. CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
12. Ability to pass a drug test and criminal background screening
ABOUT THE GREATER NAPLES YMCA and THE COLLIER COUNTY SERVICES AREA
The Young Men's Christian (Association # 1283) was originally founded as the Collier County YMCA in 1968. Today the association is named the Greater Naples YMCA. The Naples Y operates on a single multi-acre campus that offers a variety of programs. The full services of the YMCA programs and their medial partners assure a holistic approach in meeting the community needs. The population of the greater Naples, Florida area and Collier County has blossomed to over 325,000 residents. The YMCA association, now entitled the Greater Naples YMCA has a vision to make a difference to the community. The Greater Naples YMCA is completing the build out of their property to include medical partnership transforming the property to a Healthy Living campus. The new Healthy Living campus is scheduled to formally open by January 2015. This YMCA seeks an energetic team leader who can train the staff and implementing best practice procedures that report quality outcomes.
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000
Additional Compensation Details:Vacation, insurance, Y retirement. Employee discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Forward resume listing YMCA experience and references to listed email address. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Apply By Email: email@example.com
Resumes until: 9/3/2014
Contact: Paul J Thein
Copyright © 2014 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.