DEPARTMENT AND ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of the USA
Location: Chicago, IL
The Department and Account Associate serves as the central contact for YMCA Employee Benefits working with Y's throughout the open enrollment and new customer implementation process. This involves working with local YMCA staff and providing direct support to the Manager, Benefits Administration and business development staff. Administrative duties are also required as needed to support the operations of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate Degree's is required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 1 to 3 years administrative support experience Minimum 1 year of experience in health and welfare benefits industry
- Must possess advanced computer skills including MS Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) Microsoft Certification in Word and Excel is preferred Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must possess problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, and within a team
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Requires a commitment to the YMCA character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times.
- Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Relationships. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
- Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Self Development. Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities and demonstrates this through the continual expansion of knowledge and skills.
Serve as the central contact for YMCA Employee Benefits by responding to email and phone calls which includes answering questions from Y's throughout the open enrollment and new customer implementation process
Gather data for underwriting small prospective Y's, prepare rate recommendations and final proposal documents, act as a main point of contact for small prospects
- Assist Manager, Benefits Administration in completion of year-long compliance audit Coordinate complex mailings, which includes but is not limited to: annual renewal communication to 350 Y's
- Handle administrative responsibilities, which includes but is not limited to: preparing correspondence and proposals, completing mail merges, data entry, faxing, mail distribution, fulfillment, filing, maintain inventory
- Coordinate the creation of periodic Management Committee meeting books
- Serve as Records Manager Liaison for all activities required to maintain compliant with legal requirements as well as align with the YMCA of the USA records management policies
- Lead in selecting and organizing vendor communication materials for open enrollment and assist with filling supply requests
- Review and analyze Y's employee handbooks for discrepancies
- Notify all vendors of adds, terms, and plan changes
- Acts as backup to Administrative Assistant as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Benefits Administration
EFFECT ON END RESULTS/STRATEGIC IMPACT
This individual will help meet the needs of local YMCAs and achieve the goals and objectives of the YMCA of the USA.
Salary: $36,900 - $46,200
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: http://sj.tbe.taleo.net/SJ6/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=YMCA&cws=1
Resumes until: 9/8/2014
Contact: Jennifer Boyd