HEALTHY LIVING DIRECTOR
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Greater Kansas City
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Description: Responsibilities
- This position will contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Design and maintain a diverse schedule of activities, classes and programs for members of all abilities and wellness levels.
- Recruit, train evaluate and supervise a team of associates
- Maintain accurate and complete certifications for team members.
- Conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Develop, monitor and control the annual income and expense budget.
- Keep knowledgeable in the areas of exercise science, nutrition, CPR, first aid, choreography and exercise trends through required Y and national continuing education units.
- Develop group exercise best practices and systems for auditing.
- Group exercise program innovation
- Provide oversight of group exercise programs.
- Responsible for developing an onboarding process for group exercise associates.
- Develop a training program for group exercise associates.
- Attend community functions and events to promote the Y, its mission and programs.
- Maintain a safe and clean, well organized wellness area, aerobics studio, office and service areas.
- Direct the scheduling maintenance and repair of department equipment.
- Participate with association health and wellness team.
- Develop; train and coach to ensure group exercises associates deliver consistent excellence programs.
- Work with Executive Director/DVP to develop retention strategies and community building opportunities all directed towards the development of a first class group exercise program.
- May be responsible for overseeing our Active Older Adult / Silver Sneaker programming
- Be responsible for reading, understanding and following YMCA of Greater Kansas City Wellness Manual.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly reports.
- Must participate in the YMCA of Greater Kansas City's Annual Mission Campaign.
- Minimum of two years experience in this or a related field.
- Must have at least a four-year college degree in health related field of study.
- Current CPR (child and adult), AED, Oxygen, and First Aid.
- YMCA Group Exercise Instructor and/or YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning.
- ACE or AFAA Group Exercise Instructor certification and/or a personal training certification that is accredited through the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
- Must be able to relate to people on all levels in a friendly and consistent manner.
- Must be able to reflect a positive attitude.
- Must be able to manage and monitor department budget.
- Minimum of two years supervisor experience and ability to direct a team.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Articulate with high skills in written communication.
Salary: $31,931 - $37,000
HOW TO APPLY
apply online at: https://careers-kansascityymca.icims.com/jobs/1106/healthy-living-director/job
Apply Online: https://careers-kansascityymca.icims.com/jobs/1106/healthy-living-director/job
Resumes until: 9/1/2014
Contact: Andrea M Austin