Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: Blue Ridge Assembly YMCA
Location: Black Mountain, NC
The ideal candidate should:
- Have at least five years of professional cooking experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced and often rapidly changing environment
- Have the capacity to lead, support and motivate an energetic team of cooks
- Be proficient in all varieties of cuisine, including Southern homestyle, vegetarian and vegan cooking.
- Full-time position averaging 40 hours per week. Pay range of $23,700 - $27,000 per year, dependent on experience and qualifications. Health insurance offered after a 90-day review period.
- Ensure that the quality, quantity, presentation and timeliness of food preparation consistently meets our standard of excellence.
- Assist all kitchen cooks, salad bar attendants, food assistants and dining room staff as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of menus and food production sheets and help develop new menu items.
- Help manage food and labor costs while ensuring the quality, variety and presentation of food production and delivery.
- Assist Kitchen Manager with monthly inventory accounting.
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen, dish room, dry storage room, and coolers at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all sanitation regulations, proper food handling and preparation, storage and service standards.
- Cultivate a spirit of cooperation and teamwork within the Food Service department and with all other departments.
- Qualified applicants should respond by emailing their resume or applying directly at http://blueridgeassembly.org/apply.cfm
Salary: $23,700 - $27,000
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out application online and submit resume.
Apply Online: http://www.blueridgeassembly.org/apply.cfm
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes until: 11/30/2014
Contact: Jordan Domin