PROGRAM MANAGER - PERSONAL TRAINING/SPECIALTY PROGRAMS (EMMA B HOWE)
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Description: The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities is very excited to announce thatwe havea new opportunity for a Program Manager -Personal Training/Specialty Programsto join our Emma B Howe YMCA team!
The Program Manager provides daily direction and supervision for designated branch healthy living program area(s) (i.e. personal training/ specialty classes, group/ water X and active older adults and swim academy). The incumbent assists in meeting established revenue and participation goals. The incumbent hires, supervises and trains program staff.Essential Functions
- Manages the day to day programing of the designated branch healthy living program area(s).
- Develops a high performing team of staff which delivers quality programs and services meeting branch and member needs in area of expertise.
- Implements programs, assesses staff technical abilities, evaluates program results, identifies areas for improvement or development and implements plans to achieve desired goals and objectives in area of expertise.
- Recruits, hires, on boards, trains, develop and supervise staff.
- Ensures a high level of customer service which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
- Assists in the development of the program area budget and manages the day to day programing to assure revenue and program service goals and expense targets are achieved.
- Delivers programs directly to members and participants in area(s) of expertise a portion of the time.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in healthy living product area of expertise (i.e. Personal Training,/Specialty Programs, Group/Water Exercise, active older adults, and Swim Academy) to include managing budgets to achieve established goals and objectives with particular focus on revenue
- Minimum of one (1) years of Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and budgets to achieve established goals and objectives with particular focus on revenue
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge in area(s) of expertise
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 days of hire)
- Possess a current accredited and nationally recognized certification in area(s) of expertise
- Ability to attend and complete YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Principles within 90 days of hire
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in Health, Science and Recreation or related field
- Current National Certification in multiple areas of expertise
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online.. This position will be posted until filled.The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Salary: $33,920 - $39,905
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: http://bit.ly/1uHHFG8
Resumes until: 1/1/2015
Contact: Ashley Tudisco