Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Summit NJ
Location: Summit, NJ
Job Description: Responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives.Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities.Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices. Monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings,and training and meetings for coaches for all leagues.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards; coordinates and distributes team photographs.
- Develops, organizes and conducts sports clinics and classes
- Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of youth and adult sports program information. May organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Organizes and hosts season parties and events.
- Directly supervises department's part time employees and volunteers.Recruits, trains, and develops part time program staff and volunteers.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Obtain CDL license within 6 months of employment.
- A Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Professional when dealing with children, volunteers, referees, staff, and parents.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Flexible work times: ability to work evenings and weekends.
- CPR; First Aid; AED or ability to obtain certification training.
- Current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards with the ability to obtain CDL license within 6 months of employment.
Salary: $40,000 - $48,000
Additional Compensation Details: Full range of benefits including subsidized medical and dental, fully paid life and LTD, generous paid time off, childcare subsidy, free family Y membership and 12% Y Retirement contribution.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com by July 21, 2014. EOE
Apply Online: http://www.thesay.org
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes until: 7/21/2014
Contact: Janet Smith