YOUTH DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Central Ohio
Location: Columbus, OH
Develops, organizes and implements high quality Youth, Family, and Teen program(s).
Essential Functions include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors and healthy living practices.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Will provide staffing support for programming as needed.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information. May organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and manages program budget to meet fiscal objectives. Maintains inventory and recommends purchases as needed.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Participates in branch and association wide meetings and trainings.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Directly supervises up to 15 program staff .
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with YMCA's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, and hold a bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent and have at least two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passionate belief in the Y's cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must complete state-mandated concussion training immediately and keep certification current (renews every 3 years).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certification must be obtained within 90 days
- Listen First training must be completed within 6 months
- Completion of YMCA Team Leader certification within 12 months
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000
HOW TO APPLY
Apply Online: http://ymcacolumbus.org/employment/job-detail/youth_development_director
Resumes until: 7/31/2014
Contact: Al Obayuwana