YMCA: YMCA of Columbia
Location: Columbia, SC
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Youth Development Director is responsible for the development, organization and implementation of high quality YMCA After School and Summer Camp programs. This position will focus on the quality of the program and strive to meet the financial budget while being responsible for the direct supervision of after school counselors and summer camp employees.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the after school programs for 9 elementary schools in the Richland/Lexington School District Five. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality
4. Coordinates transportation and bus audits within the program.
5. Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
6. Ensure high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
7. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
8. Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
9. Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
10. Maintains proper records/department files.
11. Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
12. Assists with Association Youth Development Quality Team meetings.
13. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
14. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology or a related field preferred.
2. Minimum of two years related experience, as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs.
3. Minimum of three years experience in after school or summer camp program
4. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate performing the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The job may require walking primarily on a level surface periodically throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday.
Salary: $30,000 - $34,000
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail Todd Heinecke a cover letter along with resume.
Apply By Email: ToddHeinecke@columbiaymca.org
Resumes until: 7/22/2014
Contact: Todd Heinecke
Copyright © 2014 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.