YMCA: Palm Beaches Metropolitan YMCA
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Under the guidance of the President/CEO, the Camp Executive Director is responsible for administering the total operation of the McConnell YMCA Outdoor Center Branch (MYOC). The Camp Director oversees the management of programs, facilities, the camp residential environment, volunteer and staff development, financial development, and day to day operations. The Camp Director, in coordination with the President/CEO, maintains effective communications and collaborations with alumni, financial funders and supporters, and community agencies and regulators. Given the unique quality of the summer camp environment, the Camp Director's role during summer camp is hands-on leadership role, exemplifying the highest YMCA values and standards.
A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field or business administration, and/or 3 to 5 years YMCA professional experience, preferably in camping. YMCA Senior Director Certification a plus. Strong leadership background. High skills in human relations, budgeting, fiscal management, program development, planning, writing and communications, interpersonal relationships, and staff supervision.
1. Lead the process of developing and maintain a "vision" for the McConnell YMCA Outdoor Center, a vision that addresses the operational, developmental, and service goals of the Center and conforms to the mission of the Association.
2. Develop, maintain, and direct the Risk Management process for the MYOC.
3. Coordinate management and maintenance of MYOC facilities, property, and equipment.
4. Manage the assets and operations of the MYOC in accordance with industry standards as generally established by the American Camp Association.
5. Develop, manage, and monitor the MYOC operating budget and meet or exceed budget targets.
6. Coordinate and provide leadership to the MYOC advisory group, Friends of Camp McConnell.
7. Coordinate the development and management of MYOC programs to meet the needs of MYOC patrons and campers, and the goals of the YMCA of the Palm Beaches.
8. Ensure outstanding camper/patron service.
9. Provide for positive client relations through regular communication with alumni, patrons, volunteers, and supporters.
10. In coordination with the CEO and Association, develop and maintain relationships with current and potential funding sources, both private and public.
11. Manage and direct staff in the development of program enrollment, summer camp enrollment, and conference and rental activities.
12. Establish summer camp enrolment that provides for the spiritual, mental, and physical well being of campers and staff.
13. Provide for staff and volunteer development which includes recruitment, team building, training, supervision, evaluation, recognition, and termination.
14. Direct staff leadership f all program units and supervise office manager.
15. Maintain positive relationships with purveyors and regulatory agencies.
16. Direct all public relations and marketing activities of the MYOC.
17. Prepare statistical, analytical, and narrative reports regarding programs and operations of the MYOC as required.
18. Provide leadership to the summer camp program through "hands-on" management and by serving as a role model with regards to the YMCA mission and core values.
19. Serve as a member of the Association's management team as directed by the CEO.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The MYOC Executive Director is responsible for the overall success of the branch. This position is primarily concerned with ensuring the quality of programming and building positive relationships with patrons. The MYOC is viewed as a resource to the total Association as it strives to meet its mission and goals. Therefore, successful fulfillment of this position should be measured by:
1. Continued growth of the budget, program enrollment, and operational scope.
2. Effective use of staff and volunteers in programs and operations.
3. Achievement of MYOC operating objectives.
4. Effective solicitation of financial support.
5. Positive outcomes with regards to the YMCA Mission, YMCA Core Values, and service to campers, families, and patrons.
Salary: $ - $
Additional Compensation Details:
Salary Based Upon Experience
On Site Living
Personal Time Off
HOW TO APPLY
Please Email Resume To:Jacqueline.Frost@YmcaPalmBeaches.org
Apply By Email: Jacqueline.Frost@YmcaPalmBeaches.org
Resumes until: 12/31/2014
Contact: Jacqueline Frost
Copyright © 2014 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.