YMCA: Palm Beaches Metropolitan YMCA
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Under the guidance of the President/CEO and the Metropolitan Program Director, the Aquatic Director shall be responsible for the total development, supervision, an administration of the entire Aquatic Department of the YMCA of the Palm Beaches.
This position requires knowledge in the field of aquatics. Incumbent needs to be able to manage facilities, equipment, resources, and programs of the department for delivery of the best possible programs. Preference given to those who are currently certified as a YMCA Aquatic Director, BALC, YMCA Skippers/Progressive Instructor, Lifeguarding, CPR, and First Aid. Position also requires human relations skills especially dealing with children and parents.
1. Recruit, train, supervise, evaluate, and recognize Aquatic Program Department employees and volunteers.
2. Develops and implements quality YMCA Aquatic Program at Branch and Aquatic Center. This includes, but not limited to children swim classes, adult swim classes, senior adults programming, and Swim Team.
3. Conducts all department activities from a "market driven" and "member centered" perspective.
4. Develops and implements quality control checklist for Aquatic Programs and assures that programs meet YMAC Aquatic standards and organizational standards.
5. Develops and coordinates staff training events for lifeguarding, instructors, and special events.
6. Develops and coordinates all marketing and publicity activities of the Aquatic Program Department.
7. Develops and monitors appropriate program environment safety checklist and assures that facility meets county Health Department licensing standards.
8. Develop and implement relationships with are schools, day care centers, retirement communities, and similar agencies.
9. Cooperates and assists other Program Directors in the administration of special activities and events.
10. Develop and implement with the President/CEO and the Metropolitan Program Director the annual departmental budgets with control of each month's income and expenses for the department.
11. Develop, implement, review, and evaluate the enrollment, programs, services, and operation of the department and communicate findings with the President/CEO and Metropolitan Program Director.
12. Attend all staff meetings as required.
13. All other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The effectiveness of the Aquatics Director's performance will be measured by the following:
1. The degree to which there is steady growth in the number of participants, groups, and programs in the areas of responsibility.
2. The ability to provide leadership in the management of the Aquatic Department enabling staff to cooperate with each other and provide quality service.
3. The evidence of good fiscal management for the current year and establishing a realistic operating budget for all programs assigned for the following year.
4. The degree to which the departments operations are coordinated with other departments for maximum effectiveness in program delivery in reaching the YMCA goals.
Salary: $ - $
Additional Compensation Details:
Salary Based Upon Experience
Personal Time Off
HOW TO APPLY
Please Send Resume to: Jacqueline.Frost@YmcaPalmBeaches.org
Apply By Email: Jacqueline.Frost@YmcaPalmBeaches.org
Resumes until: 12/31/2014
Contact: Jacqueline Frost
Copyright © 2014 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.