MEMBERSHIP EXPERIENCE SUPERVISOR -MULTIPLE CHICAGO AND CHICAGOLAND LOCATIONS
Return to Search • Email to a Friend • Print
YMCA: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL
Scopes and Responsibilities:
- Have presence on the floor interacting with prospects and members; greeting, ensuring member needs are being met, introducing members to other members, using member profiles and interactions to tailor suggested new programs, services, activities.
- Implement member outreach: uses frequency of data to tailor follow-up phone calls and emails (either personally or assigned to staff); set appointments with appropriate staff for assessment or tailoring further program/activities engagement.
- Integrate with Regional Business Office to ensure seamless processing of administration duties as it relates to membership.
- Work with Member Experience Director and Executive Director to implement the member retention strategy to increase member satisfaction and retention statistics.
- Handles prospect follow-up, tours, sales and member orientation as directed by Member Experience Director.
- Responsible for meeting center sales goals and partnering with Member Experience Director on executing sales strategies.
- Manage daily business and administrative functions as it pertains to membership and/or programming, including but not limited to collection, sales, and cash handling.
- Hire, train and manage part-time membership staff.
- Implement marketing plans as directed by the Member Experience Director.
- Associate's Degreein related field; or equivalent experience
- Must be a problem solver and demonstrate a proven track record of complaint resolution.
- Supervision experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing and ambiguous work environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and can multitask.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to deal with pressure in meeting membership retention and sales goals.
Core Functional and Management Competencies:
- Consultative selling skills and ability to close: Uses provided prospect information and/or utilizes strong active listening to understand prospects' needs; uses knowledge of the prospect and the best fit of the Y's programs and services to close the sale, and sustain member engagement.
- Member focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations of members; drives resolution of member issues.
- Adaptability: Effectively handles change and ambiguity; can multi-task, handle multiple objectives.
- Action oriented: Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunity than others; likes getting things accomplished.
- Motivating others: Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and cross-functional team members; creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others to operate within established standards; invites input and shares ownership and visibility.
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
Core Leadership Competencies:
- Values - Puts in place best practices that reflect the values of the organization. Creates an environment that reinforces trust, mutual respect, and a service orientation. Models the Y's values when dealing with individuals and organizations in the community.
- Inclusion - Promotes to others the value of diversity and the importance of being an inclusive organization. Ensures equal and fair treatment for all.
- Relationships - Collaborate with and build relationships that enhance the Y's ability to impact the community. Effectively represents department/branch/division interests while building positive, constructive relationships with others.
- Communications - Uses superior verbal and written skills to generate support for the Y's goals. Shares ideas and presents information informally in ways that positively impact others. Communicates the Y's brand to establish the organization's credibility within the community.
- Decision Making - Integrates multiple thinking processes and strategies to function effectively. Anticipate where challenges and obstacles are, and create plan and strategies accordingly.
- Change Capacity - Manages implementation of change by understanding and addressing the impact of change on cultures, systems, and people.
Salary: $24,000 - $32,000
Additional Compensation Details:
Base salary, plus opportunity to earn up to 20% of your base salary in sales incentives. Full Benefits, Free membership
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at the link below: https://careers-ymcachicago.icims.com/jobs/5760/membership-experience-supervisor--various-chicagoland-locations/job
Apply Online: https://careers-ymcachicago.icims.com/jobs/5729/membership-experience-supervisor/job
Resumes until: 2/24/2014
Contact: Brandi Frattini