Associate Executive Director (ID Pennock Family YMCA)
An outstanding career advancement opportunity with a downtown facility Y!
Founded in 1858, the YMCA of Rock River Valley is one of the longest standing community organizations in the Northern Illinois region. Rock River Valley has grown to a $12,000,000 operation, serving the Rockford community and surrounding area from six branches committed to our areas of focus, with two additional branches in development. Our Y's history is embedded in the roots of Rockford and serves over 30,000 members through programs and services that strengthen spirit, mind and body. www.rockriverymca.org
The ID Pennock Family YMCA is a historic Y facility branch located on a beautiful riverfront setting in downtown Rockford, IL. This 175,000 square foot facility is the largest chartered branch of the YMCA of Rock River Valley with operating revenue over $3 million, and serves over 8,000 active membership units. Our Association Capital Campaign has supported several recent facility upgrades to offer newly renovated spaces that include a 3-court Activity Center, Strength and Cardio Center, Personal Training Studio, Child Watch Center (Exploritorium) and Adult and Youth Locker Rooms.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Executive will oversee programming for the branch, including Aquatics, Health and Wellness, Recreation and Child Watch. The Associate Executive will bring his/her experience to a team of 200 total staff, including 9 full time staff and additional part time leadership. The Associate Executive will be charged with delivering on the specified strategic objectives of the ID Pennock Branch.
Located 90 miles west of Chicago in the heart of the Midwest, Rockford, IL is a vibrant community of about 150,000 people. Situated by a scenic riverfront downtown with an abundance of restaurants and shops, residents of Rockford experience the benefits, affordability and charm of a small-town community growing with the progression and vision of a big city. Learn more about the Rockford community:
Resumes accepted until: Friday, April 7th
Review of resumes: Monday, April 10
Phone interviews held: April 11-14
In-person interviews & final interviews: April 17-21
Target selection date: April 24
YMCA of Rock River Valley embraces the total rewards philosophy. In addition to competitive salaries and rewards programs, the Y offers a robust benefits package to include:
- 70% Employer Paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Life & LTD
- 8-12% Employer Retirement Fund Contribution
- Relocation Expense Reimbursement & Funding
- Continued Education Reimbursement Program up to $1,500 annually
- PTO including holidays and up to 20 vacation days annually
The qualified candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree in human services, recreation, social services, business, or a related field. Candidates should demonstrate a successful track record in management of a non-profit, including 5+ years of demonstrated success in program management, volunteer recruitment, fund development, employee engagement and fiscal management. The incumbent will also demonstrate proven success in membership and program retention.
1. Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
2. Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
3. Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals, and strategies. May direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
4. Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
5. Provides staff support for assigned committees. Provides staff leadership for annual support campaign.
6. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
7. Serves as the Executive Director in the absence of the Branch Executive Director. The Associate Executive is a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader Certification preferred
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.