Sports & Wellness Director
The Harrison County YMCA is seeking an energetic, motivated professional to lead the Wellness Department and expand Sports programming.
The Sports and Wellness Director will assume accountability for planning, development, promotion, supervision and quality operations within both the Wellness and Sports Departments at the Harrison County YMCA. This includes, but is not limited to youth and adult sports programs/leagues, personal training and group exercise classes. The position oversees the staffing and general management of the wellness center and group exercise room.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science, physical education, sport management or related field.
- Self-motivated and driven; high-energy with proven ability to lead teams.
- Knowledge and experience with sports, including but not limited to knowledge of various rules, regulations, instruction/coaching, officiating games and organizing leagues and/or sports camps.
- Ability to effectively manage workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to lead/instruct fitness classes; must obtain basic Silver Sneakers instructor certification within 60 days of hire.
- YMCA experience preferred, but not required.
- Recruits, trains, develops, schedules and directs all staff and volunteers in the Sports and Wellness Departments.
- Develops and manages annual budget for both Sports and Wellness Departments.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and evaluates all youth and adult sports leagues, clinics, classes and programs.
- Management of the Wellness Center and Group Exercise Room, including staffing, cleanliness, organization and scheduling; ensures that all equipment is in good working condition, ensures a safe environment for all members and guests using these areas at all times.
- Oversees all group exercise classes; can instruct as a substitute for classes with short notice, when necessary.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of program information. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Assist in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
- Develops and cultivates collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Establishes new sports programs and expands the sports department according to operating plans.
- Project Management - Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
- Quality Results - Holds staff accountable for high quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
- Relationships - Builds relationships to create small communities.
- Communication - Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
- Mission Advancement - Models and teaches YMCA values. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- CPR/AED Certification & First Aid Certification
- Silver Sneakers Classic Instructor Certification - within 60 days of hire
- Personal Training certification from accredited organization preferred, but not required.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Bloodborne Pathogens - within 60 days of hire
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.