The Downtown YMCA in Fort Worth, TX is looking for a leader of the aquatics department.
Fort Worth, TX
This leader will be responsible for the organization, delivery and quality of the Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA aquatics department. The Aquatics Director will develop, organize and implement high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs with a strong focus on safety.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth seeks an experienced, energetic, and innovative individual to provide direction and leadership to our Aquatics Department. The Aquatics Director will lead the aquatics staff team and supervise program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Leading, training, coaching, and development of staff is an important part of this role.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- One to two years related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
- Certifications: Current YMCA Lifeguard, ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Knowledge of Daxko Operations is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of program planning, budget preparation and control, marketing, financial development and sales.
- MS Office skills required.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices
- and meets.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to
- all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Values- Models and teaches the Y’s values.
- Decision Making- Provides others with frameworks for making decisions.
- Project Management- Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
- Finance- Effectively creates and manages budgets.
- Quality Results- Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
- Self-Development- Shares new insights.
- Emotional Maturity- Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
Team Leader preferred.
Salary Range: $16.50/hour - $20.00/hour
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.