Aquatics Coordinator - Twin Lakes Family YMCA
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is seeking an energetic AQUATICS PROGRAM COORDINATOR for our Twin Lakes Family YMCA aquatics program.
Cedar Park, TX
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, the full-time Aquatics Coordinator will assist in the supervision and management of the facilities and staff. This includes the safe operation of all aquatic facilities including a summer indoor and outdoor pool, various HOA pools and a splash pad. The Aquatics Coordinator will assist the Director in the effective supervision of staff and volunteers, member satisfaction, development and implementation of programs, fiscal management, maintenance, and community outreach. The Coordinator will also assist in overseeing the department during the Director’s absence.
This is an exciting career opportunity to help supervise a large and rapidly growing Aquatics program for the Twin Lakes Family YMCA located in the charming Central Texas community of Cedar Park (http://www.cedarparktx.us/cp/default.aspx), just north of historic Austin, Texas. The Twin Lakes Family YMCA has an annual budget of $3.5 million and over 3000 membership units.
**Success in this position requires the ability to safely lead staff and volunteers in areas of program development, as well as the ability to teach classes, train, and assume a variety of Aquatics hands-on roles, as required. This position requires someone who is highly motivated, organized, personable and enthusiastic. This individual will need to be able to work effectively with the Aquatics Director and Branch Executive Director to plan and develop the vision of the YMCA.
Special notes: The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $26million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Qualified candidates must:
· Be at least 18 years of age;
· Have at least 2 years previous Aquatics experience;
· Proven supervisory and leadership experience;
· Be Lifeguard/Swim Instructor Certified and be CPR/AED/First Aid certified; CPO certification a plus.
· Have the physical ability to move about the pool deck; see the bottom of the pool; listen for signs of distress or instructions from an AED unit; be able to communicate and respond appropriately to emergency situations; swim; twist; bend; lift; stretch; sit; and stand on your feet for up to entire shift;
· Possess strong communication and program developmental skills;
· Be outgoing, a self-starter, a team player, and able to multi-task;
· Be skilled in Customer Service and be friendly and outgoing;
· Be able to work flexible hours (mornings, evenings, weekends);
· Be able to work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules;
· Must have a valid Texas driver license and valid auto insurance.
· Possess excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with participants, members and co-workers;
· Be able to pass a drug screen, criminal history and sex offender background check.
Being bi-lingual in English and Spanish would be a plus.
Certified Pool Operator would be a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study preferred. Related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Assist Aquatics Director with various management and supervisory responsibilities including: staff scheduling, hiring, training, and coaching
- Step in and act as Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Pool Manager etc...as needed
Community, Communication, Developing Others, Emotional Maturity, Functional Expertise
CPR and First Aid within first 30 days
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.