Join our team in Estes Park, CO. Live, Work and Play on the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park.
Estes Park, CO
The Conference/Wedding Coordinator is responsible for organizing aspects of an event including weddings and group events. This position will book accommodations and event function space, take tours and assist the guest with negotiation of pricing. This position is the liaison between the guest and other departments to set up a wedding and will enter all information into the proper software for catering and billing purposes. This position will work closely with the catering staff in Food Service and all departments to insure excellent results for the guest. In addition this position will assist guests in conference groups and family reunions by providing information, assistance and knowledge to ensure all conference services are delivered in a timely, efficient, professional and ethical manner.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in conference-related services, or at least one year’s experience in a related field.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills. Must be friendly, personable, helpful, patient and professional at all times.
- Must have strong organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have general computer experience with knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during the times of 7am to 9pm or later if necessary. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be an approved YMCA of the Rockies driver and hold a US Driver’s License.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Coordinate the planning of an event and work with the catering team.
- Manage details of the event using shared software with the sales, catering and conference and billing teams.
- Keep records on contracts and bookings with past due deposits, and collecting these deposits and booking fees.
- Verifying contracts and records with computer records checking accuracy.
- Provide exceptional guest service and assistance
- Working with the Conference Office staff in substituting for breaks, vacation and sick time, weekend, evenings, late shift, and holiday work if required.
- Collaborate with other Estes Park Center departments to meet the specific needs of various conference and family reunion groups.
- Manage the online wedding information presented
- Manage the details on the day of the event.
- Become an active member of EPWA (Estes Park Wedding Association.)
- Perform any additional responsibilities as directed by Conference Director.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies' Mission Statement.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), year round position paying $15.85-$16.20/hour with full benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vacation/PTO, participation in the YMCA retirement plan, complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy), and a YMCA of the Rockies family membership. Year round employees also have access to other employee perks including free skiing /mountain biking/golfing (dependent on season and resort) Winter Park Resort, Granby Ranch, Copper Mountain, Steamboat, and other clubs/resorts.
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
You must submit three references: one reference from a family member and the other two from individuals who know you professionally (former supervisors, professors, pastors, etc.). Before your application can be considered, all three references MUST respond to the link we’ll provide to you. If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, you do not have to provide these references. http://go.coolworks.com/ymca-of-the-rockies-estes-park-center/form/reference.
ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property. We hire year round staff, plus hundreds of seasonal staff and college interns every year that want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
The Y of the Rockies doesn't currently include Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies with job postings.
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.