Our YMCA is a seeking a relational, servant-hearted membership leader for the beautiful downtown riverfront facility in Rockford, IL!
Reporting to the Branch Executive Director, the Membership Director leads all aspects of membership for the branch, including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals relating to membership.
Founded in 1858, the YMCA of Rock River Valley is one of the longest standing community organizations in the Northern Illinois region. Rock River Valley has grown to a $12,000,000 operation, serving the Rockford community and surrounding area from six branches committed to our areas of focus. Our Y’s history is embedded in the roots of Rockford and serves over 30,000 members through programs and services that strengthen spirit, mind and body.
The ID Pennock Family YMCA is a historic Y facility branch located on a beautiful riverfront setting in downtown Rockford, IL. This 175,000 square foot facility is the largest chartered branch of the YMCA of Rock River Valley with operating revenue of over $3 million, and serves over 8,000 active membership units. Our Association Capital Campaign has supported several recent facility upgrades to offer newly renovated spaces that include a 3-court Activity Center, Strength and Cardio Center, Personal Training Studio, Child Watch Center (Exploritorium) and Adult and Youth Locker Rooms.
2. Previous supervisory experience in customer service, sales or related field strongly preferred.
3. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
1. Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
4. Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
5. Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
6. Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
7. Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
- Developing Others
- Quality Results
- Functional Expertise
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.