Apply online: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/32e10b1c
Under the direction of the CEO and consistent with the Christian mission of The Family YMCA, the Director of Development is responsible for the comprehensive development, administration and implementation of the Association’s overall financial development program, which includes the annual support campaign and supervision of the Association’s grant writing efforts, as well as supporting capital and endowment development. This person is primarily responsible for the achievement of the organization’s financial development goals by ensuring that there is sound planning for and the securing of financial resources for the short and long term future of The Family YMCA.
- A four-year degree in marketing, business or a related degree field is required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial development or a related field.
- Must have a general and specific knowledge and experience in the areas of business and financial operations, as well as proficiency in marketing techniques, concepts and procedures.
- Must have a proven ability to relate to top community leaders and to recruit and stimulate their participation.
- Must be able to organize donor records and be skilled in creating interpretive materials that enable the YMCA.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Publisher and spreadsheet applications required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be conversant and in agreement with the mission of the YMCA.
- Annual Scholarship Campaign Development: Coordinate The Family YMCA annual scholarship campaign and financial goals. Evaluate the campaign strategy and make adjustments where feasible. Develop new fund raising solicitation products. Communicate with and attend the individual branch campaigns and help develop long-term donors. Ensure that all donors are promptly and properly recognized. Oversee management of the donor database, assuring accuracy and consistency in entries and definitions of donor categories. Provide training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
- Endowment Development: Work with the CEO and the Endowment Board Chair to promote and support activities of the Heritage Club and endowment fundraising. Provide oversight of the Association’s Endowment Board.
- Grant Management: Responsible for the coordination of all Association efforts to obtain grants from foundations, government agencies and corporations to fund program, scholarship and capital projects to include some grant writing, some internal coordination with staff, and some outsourcing of grant opportunities. Serve as a resource of information regarding foundation and government grant potential.
- Capital Development: Provide leadership support to all phases of planning, organizing and directing capital development programs under the direction of the CEO. Assist branches on specific capital fundraising projects at the branch level.
- Communications: Coordinate Association efforts to communicate the YMCA mission and goals to donors and supporters. Communicate with and prepare reports for partner agencies such as United Way.
- Special Events: Support efforts of the branches and the Association with special events.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with all staff, volunteers and members.
- Accept and demonstrate the Character Development Values of Caring, honesty. Respect and Responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Mulit-Team or Branch Leader):
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.