Healthy Living Director
The YMCA of Greater Houston is currently seeking an expereinced Healthy Living Director for the Weekley Family YMCA.
The Weekley Family YMCA is seeking a dynamic, innovative, highly motivated, Healthy Living Director to oversee our Health and Wellness Department. The Weekley Family YMCA has 5,000 membership units and we offer over 130 group exercise classes per week and generate more than $300,000 in personal training and other wellness related revenue annually. Our facility houses 4 group exercise studios. We are seeking a transformational, servant leader to take our Healthy Living Department to the next level.
Major responsibilities include direct supervision of all health and wellness programs (including group exercise, individual and small group personal training, chronic disease prevention and the wellness center and youth triathlon), development of group fitness programs, delivery of wellness presentations, and member engagement. The ideal candidate will be a visionary, with marketing knowledge, and the ability to bring the Membership and Wellness departments together to engage new members, better serve existing members and increase membership retention. This person will lead the efforts to retain members using Daxko Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in health, nutrition, exercise science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to Five years related experience in health and fitness management which includes program development, member retention and staff development. Demonstrated competencies in the areas of staff development, relationship building skills, communication skills and resource development.
- Minimum age requirement of 21.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives (see detailed list below).
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.