Senior Membership Director
This position supports strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Oversees the development and operations of various programs, such as healthy living, aquatics, teens, child care, membership and/or other programs. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff. Provides liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s).
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
- Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid; Emergency Oxygen Administration (provided by YMCA)
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/ boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Coordinates special events and activities.
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.