The Albany YMCA is a community with an everyday mission of helping people achieve balance in their lives.
The YMCA of the Central Bay Area is a strong Y-NAN Y that joins people together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of every child, improve our communities’ health and well-being, and give back and provide support to our neighbors. The Albany YMCA is a community with an everyday mission of helping people achieve balance in their lives. We do this by encouraging good health, and fostering connections with new and old friends through sports, fun and shared activities. In addition, our youth programs provide a nurturing environment for children and offer positive, fun activities that build athletic, social and interpersonal skills. For more information about the Y, visit www.ymca-cba.org
We are seeking an Executive Director for our vibrant local Albany YMCA branch with emphasis on health and fitness, membership, before and after school care, summer camp and annual campaign. This Y is primed for the next stage of development in all aspects. This position will report to the Vice President/COO and will be responsible for managing the total operations of the branch, which include strategy, leading effective staff and board members, annual campaign and a high focus on growth orientation.
- Bachelor's degree from four‑year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as budget preparation and program planning within a budget operation size of $2.6M
- Excellent communication skills
Responsibilities for this position:
- Reports to the Vice President/COO, in outlining the staff organization and functional committees and related personnel for each operating year; consults and advises in the selection of Board Members, committee chairs and committee members; and gives major leadership to volunteer development
- Employs all staff; reviews deployment and effectiveness of employed personnel; identifies individual objectives; observes individual performance; appraises its effectiveness; recommends appropriate salary recognition
- Carries primary responsibility for all staff development; provides training programs for new and current personnel through personal contact, special courses, conferences, and staff study projects
- Participates in the activities of those committees developing and implementing policy in the area of program development, property management, fundraising, financial development, and planning
- Interprets and communicates the objectives and program of the Branch to the community through public communication, media and such other means as seems appropriate
- Directs office and support staff personnel in the performance of their respective responsibilities
- Administers the Branch budget and is responsible for income production to maintain a balanced budget
- Directs the annual Branch Support Campaign
What we offer:
- Full-time, exempt salaried position
- Awesome benefits package, including employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Y retirement plan (100% paid after 2 years of service), employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts
- Generous paid time off with vacation, sick and holiday leave
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume in a word document to Kelley Maltais, Vice President of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.