We are accepting resumes for the position of Land Director located at YMCA Camp Letts branch.
For 160+ years, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington has been a cornerstone of the community. The Y is a pioneering nonprofit organization with a powerful mission to impact communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Join us as we continue to be a leader in the community. We are accepting resumes for the position of Land Director located at YMCA Camp Letts branch. Camp Letts is a residential/day camp and educational retreat center located on a 219 acre peninsula on an inlet off the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, MD.
This position reports to the Associate Executive Director and is responsible for all aspects of summer camp and retreat operations. The ideal candidate will oversee all aspects of Summer Camp and Retreat Center activity programming while developing a strong staff . This position will also oversee land and waterfront programs and departments, assists with Retreat Center hosting and groups, and supports other departments.
Qualified candidates will have 4-5 years of related professional experience. Bachelor degree is preferred but not required in a related field of Recreation/ Childhood Development. The ideal Land Director must have strong ability to effectively multi-task, have excellent customer service skills, and be a team player. Must be able to prioritize, troubleshoot and multitask in a fast paced environment while meeting critical deadlines. Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Must live onsite during summer camp season.
- Creates, manages, supervises, and implements Summer Camp and Retreat Center related programming in accordance with the Association's mission, policies, and goals
- Assists the Executive Director and/or Associate Executive Director with operations, policies, programs, projects, schedule and budget preparation and implementation
- Create and sustain a "Team Works" Team building program. .
- Assist the marketing team to advertise and market retreat center programming.
- Works with Retreat Center Director to ensure all program activities are staffed with trained individuals who deliver consistent quality programming customized to the needs, abilities and ages of individual groups.
- Provides a programming presence at Camp Open House and special event programming.
- Takes an active role in fundraising campaigns and events.
- Conducts staff meetings and in-service training's with program staff.
- Attends appropriate community events and is a member of appropriate civic associations to promote the Y.
- Works effectively with guests, campers and staff and observes the YMCA Code of Conduct at all times.
- In addition to a highly competitive salary package, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington provides progressive employee benefits, including a 10% employer-funded retirement plan with vesting after two years of service; 403(b) savings plan; high quality and affordable healthcare; free YMCA membership for employee, spouse and dependents; generous paid time off package, numerous professional development opportunities, an exciting and collaborative work environment, and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals! Onsite housing is provided.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.