Branch Executive Director
Be a part of making a positive impact on the Northern Neck Peninsula! Not just an Branch Executive Director, but a community change agent.
Under the supervision of the Regional Operations Director and in harmony with the mission and purpose of the established policies and goals of the YMCA, the Branch Executive Director shall be responsible for the overall operation of the Richmond County Branch, and the Westmoreland Extension. The Branch Executive Director shall be responsible for the supervision of all department heads as well as supervise budget compliance and spending in each department. Major emphasis and responsibility must be in the areas of board development, financial development, budget, facility, community relationships, and a positive approach to problem solving.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent experience in a related field.
2. Five (5) years’ experience as a YMCA Director or experience in a related field.
3. Multi-Team or Branch Leader Certification preferred.
4. Background must include strong skills in human relations, budgeting, sound fiscal management, financial development, program management, volunteer and staff development, committee and board relations and staff supervision.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/O2/CAP required within 60 days of hire.
7. Complete and maintain required trainings to include: New Employee Orientation (NEO), Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment.
8. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and Child Protective Services check.
1. Provides Direction: promotes and represents the mission and core values of the YMCA; thinks operationally; plans for results; manages ambiguity; fosters and implements creativity and innovation; manages change; takes the long term view.
- Supports the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA.
- Actively participates in Association task forces, committees and/or Leadership Teams to promote Association unity.
- Coordinates public relations and marketing efforts for operations of the branch.
2. Builds Community Resources (Investment, Volunteers and Financial Development): builds community; tells the YMCA story; builds leadership; embraces and demonstrates commitment to volunteerism; knows and practices effective stewardship /cultivation.
- Promotes and participates in YMCA fundraising efforts to include Strong Communities, Capital and United Way campaigns.
- Coordinates the development of the Board of Managers and committees.
- Coordinates all aspects of the Annual Campaign with the volunteer campaign director.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery.
3. Creates and Maintains a Focus on Program Quality and Membership: Puts people first and respects the individual; focuses on quality with set quality standards; responds to members’ needs; integrates services; builds relationships.
- Ensures outstanding customer/member service through Association quality guidelines.
- Participates in promoting YMCA membership through assisting in the recruiting and retaining of members.
- Coordinates the development and management of branch programs to meet the needs of the community and achieve Association operating objectives.
4. Effectively Develops and Manages People: leads effectively; advocates diversity; develops and recognizes people; engages in problem solving/manages conflicts; possesses organizational skills;
- Recruits, trains and builds strong staff and volunteer teams and ensures their success through an effective performance management/appraisal process.
- Implements and monitors a risk management plan, policies and procedures for the branch.
5. Effectively Develops and Manages Resources: manages resources, maintains clean, quality facilities, property and equipment; manages facility operations.
- Develops, manages and monitors annual budget, making revisions as necessary to meet or exceed budget guidelines.
- Coordinates management and maintenance of the facility and equipment, including capital construction and renovation.
6. Exhibits Appropriate Behavior and Communicates Effectively: Acts on values; exudes integrity; inspires others; communicates effectively; demonstrates cultural competence; possesses self-awareness; embraces differences.
- Promotes character development and the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all program areas.
- Prepares statistical, analytical and narrative reports regarding programs and operations of the branch as needed.
Multi-Team or Branch Leader:
- Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
- Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
- Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
- Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.