Child Care Senior Program Director
The Senior Program Director is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, management, and supervision of age- and developmentally-appropriate programs for children in five school age sites, licensed Discovery Camp, and Casino Road Scholars academic intervention program (beginning Fall 2017 pending grant funding).
- Minimum age 21
- Ability to obtain YMCA driver certification and serve as a mini-bus driver preferred
- Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DEL
- Provide documentation of all certification and training requirements established by DEL including position prerequisites
- Provide documentation of current negative TB test and portable background check
- One or more year’s related experience supervising staff and managing a child care program
- Minimum 30 college credits specifically and closely related to field required; elementary education credential preferred
- Work and relate effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program activities. Staff may be required to regularly move weights of approximately 50 pounds.
- Develop, implement, and supervise the School Age Child Care and Summer Discovery Camp curriculum with age and developmentally appropriate activities to be used for all SACC/Camp programs. Ensure that the curriculum is in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the YMCA and teaches the Character Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Keep current with and integrate programming that enriches participant experiences including those that utilize STEM and learning loss prevention activities. Collaborate with schools to keep consistency for participants in homework support and school expectations (Common Core and school behavior guidance plans, for example). Ensure that the programs are of high quality and standards and meet the needs of the children and families we serve. Ensure that all school age sites and programs are in compliance with state regulations and meet YMCA best practices.
- Interview, hire and train qualified staff in accordance with state regulations and YMCA standards. Schedule, supervise, and support all School-Age Site Directors, Site Supervisors, Camp Counselors, and Assistants. Be responsible for locating substitutes at school age programs and filling in when needed. Monitor staff hours to ensure compliance with budget and completion of department tasks. Also be responsible for site phones, payroll, and annual reviews. Conduct annual reviews. Meet with school age staff weekly regarding school sites, staff, and curriculum. Schedule monthly meetings with site-supervisors. Visit all sites on a regular basis. Maintain a visitation log and record observations. Follow up on any needed improvements. Monitor any issues that require conversations or meetings or other follow up with parents.
- Operate Casino Road Scholars in accordance with grant agreement, ensuring participant gains in standardized academic measurements and reporting on progress.
- Work closely with school administrators and personnel within the school district; send monthly emails or phone calls to keep communication lines open. Ensure compliance of YMCA and District Agreement. Also, monitor district/school websites. Participate in "Back to School Nights", "PTA/PTO Meetings", and other school/district and community events to show support as well as promote the Mukilteo Family YMCA.
- Monitor the budget for school age programs; inventory, ordering and distributing of supplies, equipment, snacks, etc. for each program), as well as submitting necessary reports for the state. Ensure that budget terms are met by set deadlines.
- Attend regular meetings with Supervisor, updating on all site, staff, and branch items. Maintain a professional manner at all times with children, parents, co-workers, and community. Act in accordance with the YMCA philosophy, school age goals, program objectives, and our policies and procedures. Attend staff meetings, training programs, and other YMCA and school functions. Continue professional development by attending meetings, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Assist in the planning of special events; Healthy Kids Day, Annual Campaign, etc., and attend Community Activities to increase awareness and promote programs.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign; recruit volunteers to form a team; encourage, assist, and support all volunteers; attend all scheduled Annual Campaign meetings, Kick-Off, and Victory Celebration.
- Assume or perform any other duties deemed necessary.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.