Associate Executive Director for Operations
Help guide Camp Fitch to increased engagement, new programs, and development of a world-class staff team!
North Springfield, PA 16430-
Key responsibilities of this position include (a) primary management of the program director staff (currently 4 people) as well as; (b) oversight of the Food Service Department; (c) meeting defined lead generation and sales goals for the outdoor education and retreat group program; and (d) management of program innovation in key growth areas. While this position includes primarily operational aspects of Camp Fitch, depending on aptitude and interest the position can include work to support annual fund raising and capital development. It is expected that the candidate will work closely with the Executive Director to set and meet organizational goals.
- Motivation and ability to role model and teach the Christian values that reflect the mission of the Youngstown YMCA.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, education, human services, natural resource or related field.
- Ten years of relevant experience in fields that include youth development such as: resident camping, outdoor recreation, education, cause-driven organization management
- Ability to participate in a collaborative environment while still directing and supervising staff and volunteers. Collaborators include both staff and volunteer group leaders (e.g. teachers, high-school and college students).
- Possess a creative and inquisitive growth mindset with a demonstrated record of impactful program creation for children or adults.
- Willingness to live onsite in camp-provided family housing.
- Attain, or a capability and willingness to attain multi-team leader certification from Y-USA.
- CPR and First-Aid certification, or ability to attain.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs from the floor to a table-top.
- Ability to spend the day walking over camp’s 450 acres (up to a mile of walking per day).
- Ability to stand for up to an hour at a time on hard surfaces while working with staff or campers.
INFLUENCE: Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance Fitch’s mission and goals.
DEVELOPING OTHERS: Provides empathetic coaching, appropriate tools and resources for the development of others.
INNOVATION: Conducts and evaluates prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives.
QUALITY RESULTS: Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
CHANGE CAPACITY: Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change.
EMOTIONAL MATURITY: Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning.
- Develops program directors’ management capabilities and guides them to nurture and implement systems for efficient execution of high-quality program experiences across all program modes.
- Generates leads and makes sales calls to meet or exceed agreed upon sales targets for the Outdoor Education and Retreat Group program modes. Participates in creation of marketing collateral for all program modes.
- Executes a shared vision for program expansion to new markets with both new and existing stakeholders, partners, and campers.
- Using superior conversational and networking skills, gains empathy with existing partners to strengthen the relationship they have with Fitch and learn how to better serve these partners’ goals.
- Recruit, hire, coach, teach, and direct new staff as assigned. Develop and execute strategies to motivate staff and achieve shared goals. Review staff performance as assigned.
- Develops, directs, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
- Assists with fund raising activities that include recruiting volunteers, capturing stories that communicate the case and assisting with special events.
- Other duties that arise as assigned.
Eligible for employer-subsidized healthcare plan and retirement savings plan, on-site housing with basic utilities, meals when available in the Dining Hall.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.