Organized, Outdoor Enthusiast, Servant Leader
Wolcottville, IN 46795-
YMCA Camp Potawotami, a Resident Camp located in Northeast Indiana on Blackman Lake is looking for a Program Coordinator who possesses these traits. Our camp serves 100 campers per week, with a wide variety of activities that provide kids ages 6-16 with week-long camping adventures that increase their sense of accomplishment and belonging while learning positive character traits and values to last a life time.
At YMCA Camp Potawotami, we focus on the ABCs of Camping. The ABCs work to increase camper's sense of accomplishment and belonging while they learn about positive character traits and values.
This 7-month position starts April 3rd, 2017 and goes to October 27th, 2017. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for helping run Outdoor Education, Retreat and Summer Camp Programming. This position provides a quality experience to children and adults focused on YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility. $325 per week plus room and board.
Must be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, comfortable speaking with parents, work with a team, have a strong knowledge of overnight camping and be over 21 years old. Previous experience and certification in camp program areas (lifeguarding, high ropes, archery) is a plus.
- Work with the Program Directors to assist with staff trainings
- Be the main onsite contact to communicate with teachers to ensure a successful visit
- Serve as an outdoor education instructor
- Give staff direction, resources, leadership, and serve as a resource
- Oversee the summer skill class program ensuring safety, quality instruction and fun
- Ensure that counselors and campers are at activities according to the master camp schedule
- Conduct routine visits to and evaluations on each activity to observe Activity Leaders
- Assist in staff evaluations twice a summer, as well as general observations each week
- Plan and facilitate all camp activities and events
- Work with our Program Director to oversee the Counselor-In-Training Program
Full-Season Essential Tasks and Duties:
- Be a patient, enthusiastic role model for our participants and staff
- Conduct regular inventory of supplies
- Maintain program areas, host meals, set-up and breakdown of facilities
- Manage all tasks and duties assigned by the Camp Directors
Salary Information: $325 week plus Room and Board Provided
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.