Food Service Director
Build character. Learn new skills. Make friends. Have fun. Reside at Abnaki as the Food Service Director from mid May to late September.
North Hero, VT 05474-
- For 116 years, that’s what Camp Abnaki has been all about: fostering personal growth and independence in a safe environment on the shores of Lake Champlain in North Hero, VT.
- Traditionally a boys’ resident camp, Abnaki has grown to include a day camp for boys—as well as a variety of co-ed specialty, vacation, and family camp programs that build healthy, confident, connected and secure children and teens.
- In this full-time, seasonal role, the Food Service Director will manage the food service program at camp including meal planning, sourcing and purchasing, food preparation, kitchen maintenance and cleanliness, as well as lead kitchen staff. This is a unique opportunity to create a food culture at camp with new ideas, food ethnicities, and creativity.
- The Food Service Director will reside at camp during camp sessions and participate in camp activities. Additionally, the Food Service Director is expected to start preparation in mid-May and continue post camp with camp rental events into September.
- Must have at least three years experience in food service as line or lead cook, menu preparation, and supervision.
- A culinary degree is preferred, not required.
- Ability to pass a national criminal background check.
- Must fulfill the training requirements for camp.
- Must have ServSafe training or similar certification
- Familiarity with Vermont State Health Code
- Plan for and prepare three meals a day for the camp community
- Source and manage food and supply orders within budgetary guidelines while ensuring adequate food supply for campers and staff.
- Provide direct supervision, guidance and support to kitchen staff.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety and supervise staff to ensure standards are met by all.
- Ensure safe and efficient preparation and serving of camp meals
- Inspect equipment and ensure equipment is repaired as necessary.
This role will be provided with camp housing and meals.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.