Associate Executive Director
YMCA Camp Pendalouan is hiring for an Associate Executive Director. Join our team as we launch an exciting new chapter in our history!
Montague, MI 49437-
This position supports the work of the Muskegon YMCA, committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Oversees assigned areas of the YMCA Camp Pendalouan branch, which may include membership, marketing, programs, facilities and/or off-site programs. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
- Bachelor's degree. Emphasis and/or equivalent experience in human services, recreation, business or a related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 4 or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Demonstrated skills in staff supervision, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Demonstrated skills in fundraising and database management.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, large and small group communications, leadership, and group work with adults, teens and children.
- Programming and management experience in an outdoor residential environment preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and/or similar computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job.
- CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
- Supervises and supports full-time On-Site Director, Summer Camp Director and Food Service & Housekeeping Manager. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets.
- Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations and financial projections.
- Reviews and evaluates the enrollment, programs, services and operations of the branch and communicates findings to the Executive Director, Board and committees, as required.
- Manages, oversees and ensures successful implementation of Branch Fund Development efforts including but not limited to Campership & Year-End Campaigns, grants, and donor stewardship plans.
- Direct alumni, donor, camper parent communication plans and program marketing efforts to reach fund development and program enrollment goals.
- Provides staff support for Camp Branch Committee and other assigned committees.
- Work with Properties Manager and Program Directors to ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
- Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and association leadership approval.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Participation in Y-Retirement Plan
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.