Responsible for the implementation, evaluation, and continual improvement of the swimming curriculum.
Colebrook, CT 06021-
Responsible for the implementation, evaluation, and continual improvement of the swimming curriculum, as well as the management of campers while they are in instructional and open swim, and for the maintenance and cleanliness of all waterfront equipment and areas. Above all else, the Waterfront Coordinator is responsible for the safety of all individuals on the waterfront.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford are conveyed.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer required.
- Must have appropriate background and training in running or assisting in running a waterfront
- Current certification in Waterfront Lifeguarding required.
- Current certification in Lifeguard Instructor and YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor (preferred).
- Person must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
- Must successfully complete Staff Training.
- To ensure that above all else, campers are safe and well supervised while present at the program area.
- To improve, implement and evaluate the swimming curriculum.
- To maintain all equipment and areas in good working order and to inform the Program Director before new supplies need to be ordered.
- To ensure that the swimming dock, swimming storage areas, the boathouse, and the surrounding areas are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- To work with the Program Director to schedule all waterfront activities.
- To oversee all swimming classes and evaluate all swimming instructors.
- To ensure that all campers are receiving quality swim instruction with a week to week progression for campers that stay multiple weeks.
- To complete and submit all Red Cross and YMCA paperwork in a timely manner.
- To supervise and evaluate all lifeguarding staff.
- To ensure that all staff members are properly trained (before they run any classes or programs.
- To run periodic in-service trainings for are lifeguards and swim instructors.
- To ensure that all lifeguards are attired properly, using a guard tube, and utilizing proper guarding techniques.
- To ensure that all lifeguarding ratios are followed.
- To ensure that all lifeguarding equipment is kept in good working order.
- To complete end of the summer wish list and inventory sheets.
- Carry out other duties as assigned to assure the overall success of the camp and its programs.
- To promote the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.