The Roaring Twenties
Posted on 6/12/14
What's the best advice for people in their twenties?
(photo credit: Think Stock / iStock)
Maybe you're just coming upon your twenties. Perhaps you're just about to leave that decade behind. Or could be it's been a very long while since you had anything to do with the number 29. In any case, advice abounds, so here are some suggestions (take 'em or leave 'em) that might just be best suggestions for people in their twenties.
- Now. Don't wait too long to do something. Take action today.
- First jobs. Yes, they're important. But don't worry too much about them. There'll be many more opportunities to come your way.
- Don't smoke. And if you are, quitting now has its benefits.
- Follow through. If you start something, cross the finish line. It doesn't have to be perfect. Failures are acceptable. But go all the way.
- Moolah. It's not the end of the world if you have a little student debt or some activity going on your credit card but try to pay cash for everything you can.
- FOMO. Don't fret over missing out. Enjoy the now. See #1.
- Volunteer. It'll make you feel better. Better yet, it'll make a difference in other people's lives.
No matter how old you are, what would you add to this list?
The Y welcomes your friendly thoughts! To post a comment, log into Facebook or Twitter and add your comment. To report spam or abuse, please select the flag icon at the bottom of the comment. All comments and posts must follow the community guidelines.