A Lion's Roar Can Be Heard 5 Miles Away
Posted on 8/24/14
What inspires you? Write about it today. Take this brief survey to tell us what interests you and will make a difference in your community.
Also, true: we've had an entire summer full of young leaders who spoke up and could be heard from across the country through the Y's blog. Here's a recap of our guest bloggers raising their voices and making their mark from teaching kids how to read to starting up summer food programs to giving career advice. Thank you, bloggers!
- "What is your passion?" | Tammy Bolduc
- "My best high school experience" | Jesus Sosa
- "Like a boss" | Melissa Ramirez
- "Finding balance" | Alyssa Gustwiller
- "Camp counseling: So much more than just fun and games" | Rich Rinaldi
- "Keep on learning" | Emily Herman
- "How to leave a lasting impression" | Kushuna Exford
- "Spirit + Mind + Body" | Corey Donahoo
- "Our promise" | Leila Hunter
- "Leadership smells like..." | Morgan Huber
- "Your voice matters" | Terrell Wilson
- "How I helped bring healthy food to my community" | Lisa Riggsbee
Do you want to share your voice too? Take this brief survey to tell us what interests you. The premise is simple:
- Think. You choose a topic to write about that you can think will make a difference in people's lives from teaching a young kid how to read to getting in shape with a work out buddy to volunteering for a summer camp.
- Inspire. Write 1-to-2 paragraphs or a record a two-minute or less video that will inspire others to do something today.
- Share. Send in a candid photo of yourself and a short bio to get the word out about the things that are important to you.
The Y welcomes your friendly thoughts! To post a comment, log into Facebook or Twitter and add your comment. To report spam or abuse, please select the flag icon at the bottom of the comment. All comments and posts must follow the community guidelines.