Posted on 7/3/14
Coming soon: A New American Icon
(photo credit: Think Stock / iStock)
The United States is about to get a new American icon: The World Trade Center (WTC). This Fourth of July, we're sharing with you a few fun facts about this architectural treasure:
- WTC is actually composed of five new skyscrapers.
- The tallest building soars to 1,776 feet. Can you guess what that's a tribute to?
- According to the WTC website, the singular goal is "a grand new urban center for 21st century New York."
- There'll be 550,000 square feet of retail space and a performing arts center.
- Of course, the WTC will feature a National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
See the rise now!
What do you think of the new World Trade Center?
The Y welcomes your friendly thoughts! To post a comment, log into Facebook or Twitter and add your comment. To report spam or abuse, please select the flag icon at the bottom of the comment. All comments and posts must follow the community guidelines.