The Art of Character Development
Posted on 3/24/14
(photo credit: Think Stock)
What martial arts class do you think your kid would like the most?
- Judo: Besides the competitive nature of the sport, I want my child to learn respect for others.
- Karate: Before my kid gets a black belt, I want her to learn self-discipline.
- Tae Kwon Do: Yes, this art is about self-defense, but the skills learned may help improve my son’s coordination.
- Tai Chi: My kids could use this ancient martial arts form to become more focused and meditative.
- There are no black belts in my family—we’ll stick with soccer, volleyball, or baseball.
Posts your answers below!
The Y welcomes your friendly thoughts! To post a comment, log into Facebook or Twitter and add your comment. To report spam or abuse, please select the flag icon at the bottom of the comment. All comments and posts must follow the community guidelines.